This document contains important information about the graduation process and Wesleyan’s graduation requirements. As the you choose courses and build a program of study for your senior year, it is essential that you know exactly where you stand in terms of fulfilling Wesleyan’s graduation requirements so that everything goes smoothly when degree certification takes place in the Spring. Please review the contents carefully and contact Dean Phillips immediately (firstname.lastname@example.org, 860.685.2757) if you have any questions or concerns.
Graduation does not just happen; you must make it happen! It is important that you fully understand Wesleyan’s graduation requirements and that you are able to interpret your academic record in light of these requirements. Remember, you are responsible for your own graduation and must fulfill all graduation requirements by the end of the Spring 2020 semester in order to participate in the Commencement ceremony in May 2020.
- Preparing for Graduation: This explains Wesleyan’s graduation requirements, the Major Certification Form, the Credit Analysis Report, oversubscription, December Completion, and honors. Read it!
- Frequently Asked Questions about the Senior Year: Answers to common questions about graduation requirements and the graduation process.
- Academic History: Can be found in your WesPortal in the “Student Toolbox–>Academics” bucket.
- Major Certification Form: Used to identify and track the courses you have taken and will be taking to complete your major, must be approved by an authorized advisor in your major department. Can be found in WesPortal in the “Student Toolbox–>Academics” bucket.
- Credit Analysis Report: Reviews your academic record in light of oversubscription and monitors your progress towards meeting graduation requirements. Can be found in WesPortal in the “Student Toolbox–>Academics” bucket.
- Honors and Thesis Information: Deadlines and other important information for students undertaking honors theses.